Saturday 25 August 2012

Just can't stop...

You know that feeling when you are withing touching distance of the finishing line?

You can see the end, you can taste glory of finishing....

Last night was that kinda night!

My gorgeous quilt with the bright yellow backing was tantalisingly close to the finish line, just 5 more blocks to quilt..

I ended up sitting up until midnight machine quilting... Now midnight would be fine if it wasn't for the 5.30am wake up call I get every morning from my littlest monster..



Giving up at midnight seemed the best option when my bobbin thread ran out, so I dreamt quilts all night and got up at 6am to finish it off!

It's not perfect quilting, and it still needs binding - going to start that after a cuppa - but I am really pleased with how it turned out! It is the first time I have quilted an entire quilt with a walking foot.



Unfortunately there are some tucks in the top, but overall I am really pleased with the effect of the quilting. Plus it is a made by me, so it will never be perfect, which is the way it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment