Thursday 9 August 2012

Sunday Morning Quilts

A few weeks ago I bought the new book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.



This gorgeous book is all about using your scraps, and I mean all you scraps! Nothing is too small!

There are great ideas for storing your scraps by colour:



The patterns are clearly laid out and easy to follow. The quilts are really inspiring:



Last week I had the privilege of having a lovely young lady working in my studio with me for the week. Her cutting skills using a rotary cutter needed building, so I showed her Sunday Morning Quilts. There is a great quilt made up of scraps cut into strips of different widths and heights. I handed her a bag of greens, pinks and blue scraps.

We agreed the height and width range and she set to work. It was a great exercise in using the ruler and cutter. She had to be accurate and make sure there were lots of different sizes. She did a fabulous job:



So I now have bags of strips organised into different lengths. There is still loads more work to go, but it was a great cutting exercise!

If you want to get a copy of Sunday Morning Quilts, don't forget to support your local indie bookshop. Mine, The Yellow Lighted Bookshop, is a fabulous place to order books!


No comments:

Post a Comment