Friday 24 August 2012

Trying Something New

This year I have started experimenting with other crafts.

I taught myself crochet and I have managed to make a small blanket:


It did end up being much bigger than this, but I haven't managed to sew in all the threads!

I also went on a fantastic felting course in January, which I really enjoyed! I had never tried felting before so having a go at wet felting and needle felting was really interesting.


I am really proud of my first piece of felting - it hangs on my studio wall to remind of me of the fantastic day I had!

At the Festival of Quilts I found Oliver Twist, who sell wool and felting equipment. I was so excited!

I brought everything home and finally sat down last night to have a go at needle felting.

It's nothing amazing, but I am happy with the coaster I made:

 
It's a starting point!
 
 
Penny Badger who taught me in January is running a long course at Brewery Arts in Cirencester and I am hoping to save enough pennies to go!
 
Which craft have you learnt recently that you have enjoyed?
 
I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment