Sunday 21 October 2012

A Community

I don't know about you, but I sometimes feel isolated in the creative life I am creating.

I have a serious addiction to fabric and quilts - I can talk the hind legs off a donkey about both things! I create new patterns and designs in my sleep. I simply love everything fabric...

Whilst my lovely and fabulous friends listen and nod approval in the right places, they just don't get it.... my passion for quilting and creating patchwork is a slightly oddity - one that they love in me because they get given quilts that I have been experimenting with! But they just don't get it...

For me the blogs of the quilting community are as close as I get to 'talking' to other people with the same passion...that and Twitter!

Blogs that I follow - I have around 40 on my favourites list - are a link to other people who are just as potty about fabrics and quilts as I am. They are inspiring, informative and down right gorgeous...

They are my quilting bee!

The lovely quilters who write the blogs will probably never know that they provide a creative life line that allows me to explore ideas, learn new techniques and just feel part of a community....

There are a few I love: I'm a Ginger Monkey, Quilting is my Therapy and Stitched in Color to name 3, but I have found a couple more this week that could become firm favourites:

Live a Colorful Life is a fabulous mix of quilts, book reviews and life. It is bright a bold and I love that. The bi line 'selvaging my sanity... one stitch as a time' describes exactly how I feel!


Another fabulous blog, Handmade by Alissa is a blog all about modern quilting. There are some amazing photos of fabulous modern quilts. I love the clean lines and the negative spaces. Negative spaces are a new thing to me and I love them!

The last blog is by Angela Yosten. Again it is a mix of quilts, techniques and life. It is  full of gorgeous photos and I am a sucker for photos of quilts, fabric, cake.....

I hope you enjoy exploring the blogs... let me know if you have any I could check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment