Saturday 20 October 2012

Show me the orange!

Autumn/Fall is getting into it's stride in the UK, the leaves are changing colour, the wind is blowing (it actually does that all year!) and the nights are getting darker. Perfect for sewing and quilting!

Snuggling up under a quilt to work on my Hexy MF is a real treat!

At the moment I am working flat out on a quilt for a lovely friend - can't show it yet though! I managed to get the layers pinned together and start quilting last night, but it has a long way to go!

The dark nights have also got me looking around at blogs and online shops. I want to save the blog for tomorrow because I think Sunday morning is perfect for lazing in bed with a cuppa and reading other quilters adventures.

Whilst browsing through the online shops I have noticed I am drawn to a new colour - orange!

For me that is quite unusual... I am not traditional fabric girl, but the desire to fill my stash with gorgeous oranges is totally new!

So I thought I would share some of my favourites:


Lucys' Crab Shack from Fat Quarter Shop

 


I love Lucy's Crab Shack range and the orange palette is just gorgeous!

Small Chevrons from Pink Castle Fabrics
 

I am quite late getting on the Chevron band waggon but I am finding it hard to resist the temptation to own this one... combined with some circles:

 
Metro Living Circles from Pink Castle Fabrics
 
 
They are just yummy....
 
Ruta in Poppy from M is for Make
 
I love the closeness of the lines on this one.. the kinda haphazard way the pattern is put together!
 
 
Sketch from Backstitch
 
I saw the sketch range at Alice's stall at Festival Of Quilts and they are so funky! This Tangerine was so bright and beautiful!
 
 
Twist by Lu Summers

 
I have this gorgeous Twist in my Hexy MF project as the flower centres. It is stunning.
 

So.... I have gone a bit orange mad in my online wish list shopping.... and did you know they look really good with turquoise?




2 comments:

  1. Love your choice of fabrics. Maybe it's the time of year. The Twist fabric is gorgeous!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not sure about the time of year... it has been building for 3 months!

    ReplyDelete