Friday 9 November 2012

Family Sewing

This weekend I am running my first family session at Prema Arts in Uley.

It is a Christmas themed workshop with 6 families taking part. It is something new for me! I have ages 6 plus coming along with their parents, so they will be supervised.

Planning has been a bit of a challenge. I don't know the sewing abilities of the families and I have had to decide whether or not to introduce them to sewing machines..

After a couple of weeks of planning and thinking I finally decided that if my 7 year old can use the new Janome sewing machine, then the children coming will probably be excited to give it a go.

So sewing machines have been put onto the risk assessment for the class. 

Then there is the actual project....

I have decided on these cards:


Which will combine sewing machine skills and allow the families to get creative!

And a fun project that introduce the families to quilting in a really simple way:


I am also planning on taking felt, stuffing and embroidery threads along with paper templates for felt ornaments.

Really looking forward to trying the ideas out with my lovely families tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well Anna!
    I love Prema and visit regularly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely!

    I have a few sewing/patchwork courses booked in the new year!

    ReplyDelete