Saturday 3 November 2012

Handmade Christmas

As you may know, I started my creative journey as a bag maker - funky diva designs - which came to an end in July. It was a great journey, and I believe really strongly in the need to support independent makers in the UK. It is true that you are buying quality and something unique as well as supporting a local business.

So here are some of my favourites:

I have been a long time admirer Blueberry Park and all the simply gorgeous things Karen makes, but not actually bought anything. On Thursday I bought one of her fabulous Advent Calender kits for the boys and it arrived yesterday:



And I am not disappointed! It is a fabulous kit and I plan on making it up this weekend so we are all prepared for December!

Another shop I have long admired is Snapdragon:


I ordered the kids teachers presents from Jane in the Summer, as well as a camper van mug for a fabulous friend and they were simply gorgeous! I have a shopping list from Jane once I get paid for friends, so don't tell them!

A twitter friend, Charis Slade, is a design talent who knocks the socks off everything a big company produces!



I have been keenly watching her develop her feet range and I am saving my pennies to get one for us... we are like many families across the country, we have different surnames (2 marriages and 3 kids will do that). I am saving for a Our Family print to go on a wall I am planning to covering in photos in the kitchen...


I hope you take a look at all 3 of these talented designs, you will find gorgeous, handcrafted items make your family/friends smile!

Ok, so this may be a purely self indulgent blog post showcasing the gifts I want for Christmas..... if anyone is listening!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely inclusion, Anna and can't wait to see your kit made up! I love jane's work too and off now to get a look at Charis' fab things...x

    ReplyDelete