Tuesday 13 November 2012

Neglecting fabric...

Yesterday evening whilst the computer churned out paperwork for my teaching today I decided to have a looking through all the fabric resting on my top shelf.. you know my secret stash...

I had looked in there last week whilst trying to find backing for the advent calendar I bought from Blueberry Park. I am quilting the calender so I wanted a suitable backing - I found 2 metres of red dots from Tanya Whelan!

2 whole metres that I had squirrelled away and totally forgotten about!

So that got me to thinking, what else do I have hidden away?

Well, some solids in blues, greens and browns... oh and a heap of white...

There are lots of Tanya Whelan pink fabrics that I have been collecting scraps of for ages.

I have a modest collection of Sweetwater fabrics that I treasure, but how to use them hasn't come to me yet...

I have my growing collection of Flea Market Fancy Legacy and a heap of Katherine's Wheel by Nel Whatmore....



I have some Children at Play left over from making this quilt earlier this year:


And scraps from this gorgeous quilt:



All this yummy fabric has been hiding, hidden by me for projects to come...

Part of me worries I will never use the fabric... it will sit there hidden from the light, not being seen by anyone except me when I get the basket down...

In true fabric addict style, I will never stop adding to my collection. I will always hoard beautiful pieces of fabric!

And one night I will be hit by an idea and the fabric will be bought down and brought to life in a gorgeous new quilt!

Which fabrics have you got hidden away? 

No comments:

Post a Comment