Monday 12 November 2012

Quilt Love

A few weeks ago in a copy of Mollie Makes there was a piece about a fabulous quilt designer called Cassandra Ellis and her new book, quilt love.

 
The Yellow Lighted Bookshop in Tetbury is my local indie bookshop and absolutely amazing at spotting new titles and getting them in to tempt me.... my bank manager sees this as a drawback, but I see it as fabulous customer service!

So they got a copy of quilt love and put it on the shelf for me to discover! I am always trying to sneak a look at the lovely titles they get in so it didn't take me long to find it, but my bank account said no..

Until last week when I had saved some pennies and decided to treat myself - I have been in a couple of times every week to stroke the book...

And I have to say I love it!

I am patchwork purist... 100% cotton all the way, always and forever...but I want to be more experimental and that is what quilt love is all about - experimenting with different weights of fabric to create gorgeous quilts.



The patterns are really clear and each pattern has a little story with it, which I love reading!

The book is crammed full of lovely pictures and gorgeous ideas for using up precious scraps.

If you fancy a copy go and pester your local indie bookshop or The Yellow Lighted Bookshop who will happily post orders out.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely words Anna. All the best - Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ths book! Can't wait to experiment with different sorts of fabrics! Thank you! Cna't wait to see the other books you are working on!

      Delete