Saturday 8 December 2012

My Week

This week has been a manic rush of extremes!

It stared with a lovely day Christmas shopping in my favourite city - Bath. It is beautiful and I feel so lucky to live so close... plus it has a fabulous quilt shop called Country Threads which is a treasure trove of fabric... yes I did have to pop in there!

The city was packed with tourists and people getting on with their Christmas shopping, but still really enjoyable!

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was back to work, teaching in Gloucester and Tewkesbury... most of my groups finish next week so there was some alarming discussion about looking me in cupboards so I never leave.... I think it is a confirmation of my teaching skills....

On Wednesday evening I had a private lesson in my studio with a lovely friend. She had never used a sewing machine and wanted to make 3 stocking for her gorgeous kids. 4 hours later at midnight we emerged with 3 fabulous padded stockings. each individually made using Christmas and non Christmas fabric so each child has a stocking that reflects their personality!

This is where the stack of Kona fabrics from Simply Solids comes into it's own. We were able to match her fabrics with my solids and create the perfect colour combination!

Friday was a private lesson in the morning and then did some more quilting on what has become known as the Tula Pink quilt:


I have quilted just over half of it and it needs delivering next weekend... I see many late nights ahead!


Then on Friday night I had the most important Scouting commitment yet! You may have read the all about me section that explains.... well all about me! I became a helper with Scouts in January and now I about to be invested as a leader, and I run 2 sections: Beavers and Cubs. So effectively make  40+ kids run around 2 evenings a week... and I have a riot!

Last night it was the turning on of the lights in Tetbury. Prince Charles and Camilla came to do the honours - his country residence is 3 miles out of town! As a youth organisation in town we were asked to have a stall in town as he wanted to meet local residences and organisations. My Beavers, Cubs and I all baked cakes, set up a stall and waited in anticipation. We were fortunate to met Camilla who stopped at our stall and talked to the Scouts. Prince Charles was talking to other stall holders, but we did get within touching distance of him!

I have to say that it was really exciting and I am incredibly proud of my Scouts who were all polite, smiling and fabulous! As a group we sold all our cakes and made some money for the Scout Group, which will be put to good use!

Not a very fabric orientated blog post, back to normal service tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment