Sunday 13 January 2013

Scrappy Trip Along

Up until last summer I was a lone quilter - I stumbled along making quilts quite slowly and happy ignorant of the HUGE community online!

Now I have set up a quilting bee, The Anything Goes Quilting Bee, which has helped me to meet like minded quilters and I have watched Quilt Alongs online - even started the Hexy MF Quilt Along, but got side tracked...

So when I saw the huge crazy of  Scrappy Trip Along start between Christmas and New Year on Instagram, I just quietly watched whilst working on Maxi's quilt and starting my Swoon quilt..... then the huge volume of gorgeous quilts from scraps over whelmed me!

How can a quilter resist having a go when Katy from I'm A Ginger Monkey and Aneela Hoey post pictures so yummy I could eat them?

I just checked and there are 2,548 photos from quilters around the world who are taking part.... I just had to join them!


I am making slow progress after being away for a week, but 6 blocks are done and another 8 strip sets ready to go - it is super easy and fast, here is the original tutorial!


I have raided my scraps pile, which is huge and some of my fabric baskets for the strips. This means that each block is a true mishmash of colours and designs. The only rule I have set myself is that there is a dark fabric running down the middle. Individually I really don't like the blocks, but put together they look gorgeous!


I am just trying to mix everything up and throw one dark strip into the mix:


This afternoon after lunch I will be avoiding housework and putting together a few more blocks...

Have you been bitten by the Scrappy Trip Along bug?

Check out the Flickr Group for more yummy photos!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes I've joined in too, even with my swoon still not being finished. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was impossible to ignore! My Swoon is only 2 blocks in!

      Delete