Tuesday 19 February 2013

All Work and no Play Time

At the moment work is all about planning, not playing!

Deadlines of making demo quilts, lesson planning and chasing more work means I am kinda sewing on auto polite rather than actually letting the creative juices flow!

It is a bit stifling, but I know once I have all of the ideas, plans and demo pieces in place I can get back to creating - desperate to finish my Swoon quilt!

So what has been happening?

Well, last night was the start of my first 5 week course teaching patchwork and quilting. Each week follows a plan and introduces learners to a different part of patchwork and quilting, with home work in between... I have plans to turn the course into an eBook course...



It went well and everyone had practice using rotary cutters and shared ideas!

Tonight is a mums night out, so we are making mug rugs. Super fast mini quilts with scarps, Bondaweb and some quilt as you go free motion quilting!

Best get back to the deadline sewing...


No comments:

Post a Comment