Wednesday 13 February 2013

WiP Wednesday 130213

This week is half term week, and as you know if you have kids that means productivity drops and day trips rise!

Plus yesterday was my birthday, so we took a day off and went to Bath for lunch - I bought some yummy fabric, but more about that tomorrow...

So what has been happening?

Well the focus at the moment is course prep.

I have been busy quilting the blocks from my HST (half square triangles) and trying out different designs and scales. Here is a sneak peek:


Going from doodles to the machine:


More as I soon as I have out together the blocks...

The other thing I am pulling together is a demonstration of colours in patchwork. It is part of my investigation into colour, but also to be able to explain how fabric choices change a block:


A neon palette that reflects bright lights... to a subtle palette of greens:


And how changing the position of the colours can change the block completely:


See what I mean?

So that is my WiP Wednesday! I would love to see yours so let me know what you have been working on!


Linking up with WiP Wednesday from Freshly Pieced:


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


4 comments:

  1. Well Happy late Birthday!!! I like the bright/Amish colored block best. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading "about you" and how very nice it must be to sew and teach sewing full for a living. It's very interesting how different a block can look with different color choices, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! I work with groups of vulnerable adults building their confidence through sewing. It is incredibly rewarding!

      Delete