I had been put off previously by the deluge of pictures on the web of gorgeously made Tova dresses and shirts. They were all for fabulous women who look stunning and don't have my curves - think big boobs and you are there with me!
I was nervous about starting, how do even adapt a pattern to fit me and my lovely boobs?
Well I took the plunge, I bought pattern to download - mega easy by the way - and started trying to get from the 40" large to my bust of 44".... I found out that adding an 1" to each pattern piece would get me there.
Luckily that was pretty easy to do on this pattern because I had printed it off, so I could just reprint pieces where the additional sizing had overlapped onto other pieces.
I had to be careful to make sure that I followed the curves getting bunched like above.
I needed to make the central part sat on the chest properly, that was my only big worry.
I also learnt how to make pattern weights and use my rotary cutter to cut the dress fabric:
It made cutting out so much easier.
I took my time putting the dress together and I was as patient as possible, which for me and dress making is unheard of!
It quite roomy which means that I have space to move and it covers all my lumps and bumps perfectly!
It feels comfortable and sits perfectly on my chest. It might be good to make a slightly smaller version I think, but for my first attempt at adapting a pattern I am pretty chuffed!