Friday 14 June 2013

Mixing Yellow and Grey

Over the last year whilst I have been teaching across the county, I have often been caught the wonderful colours I get to see whilst I am driving.

Tetbury is on a hill, so to go anywhere you have drop down into the surrounding valleys. The drive to Gloucester is particularly beautiful, and as the seasons change there are new colours to see. On Wednesday evening driving home the skies were grey with rain clouds, they were the most wonderful backdrop to the fields of bright yellow flowers.

I often wish I could pull over to take a photo, but the roads are fast moving and windy so not the best plan! I have borrowed this photo which shows the colours I loved on Wednesday:

Photo from Geograph.

My mind automatically goes to fabric:


This Beaded Wave in Charcoal from M is for Make is a perfect combination of yellow and grey.


I LURVE this Storyboek Two - Sand Play, from The Village Haberdashery, it is lush!



And this Wallflower Waltz in Grey, from Eclectic Maker is wonderful!

Mix them up with some gorgeous solids!


Like this Essex Linen in Grey from Simply Solids, plus this Banana from Kona Solids:


Basically, yellow and grey together are amazing in fabric, just like they are in nature!


2 comments:

  1. Yellow and grey are two colours that I would struggle to use together because even after 20-something years, they still remind of my school uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yellow and grey are a great combination, although I appreciate the comment above. I struggle to use dark green because it was my uniform!

    ReplyDelete