Tuesday 11 June 2013

Taking time out!

Last night my lovely friend Liz and I were treated to an evening of music and books at The Yellow Lighted Bookshop - it was a wonderful combination, believe me!

The wonderful Bookshop Band were performing.



I had missed them when they visited last year, so was desperate to go this time around. Luckily Liz fancied going too!

It was an hour of sublime music all based around books, which the band explained before they started singing. The Yellow Lighted Bookshop is a gorgeous and perfectly formed shop, crammed with wonderful books and staff. To see it filled with musical instruments was amazing!


This is my favourite song of the evening, although it was hard to choose, because it was written after the band performed last year. I suspect the 'strange man' is my lovely friend and Yellow Lighted Bookshop owner Hereward, which made me giggle! There is even a lovely lady there too!

I love The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce, so this was brilliant too!


They are just starting out on a UK tour, so if you spy they are close to you - GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment