Monday 17 June 2013

Upcycling!

A couple of weeks ago I found a gorgeous duvet cover in a pile of bedding at a charity shop.

I do trawl through 'boutiques' looking for fabric, wool, clothes. In and around Tetbury there are a few great ones... a few years ago they had Jimmy Choo boots on sale for £350!



So this lovely sheet came home with me and had been cut into 2 halves.

One half is now backing the quilt made from my first pattern - it is currently with some lovely testers.

My plan is to finish the quilt and then photograph it for the front cover of the pattern.. a cunning plan I feel!

The sheet is so soft and it the perfect backing for this baby quilt!

The front looks pretty good too - I cut into the secret stash for this one. Can you tell which fabric range they come from?


Best crack on with the quilting!

Linking up with Let's Get Acquainted over at Charm About You.







1 comment: