Thursday 15 August 2013

Starting a Modern Guild

Out in the wilds of the Cotwolds in Gloucestershire there is very little Modern Quilt Guild action!



Whilst I was in London at the Fat Quarterly Retreat, Sonia from Fabric and Flowers had a chat about getting together regularly to chat, swap tips and share our creations... then life took over and the idea has been floating around in my head...

So I thought I would get the ball rolling!

Thinking about a group that gets together once a month for coffee (herbal tea for me) and cake, friendship and sewing...

Are you in the area?

Would you like to meet up with other modern quilters?

It doesn't matter where you are in you quilting journey, you just need an interest in quilting and like eating cake!

Let me know in comments - make sure you include an email address!


8 comments:

  1. Am still up for this - sounds great fun. Just need to sort out a date now - maybe September when the kids have settled back at school (she says, wishfully hoping for calm!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. I live in Bath, so not too far away, and would love to meet some like minded people. Sue (deereyme.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I was still living in Marlborough I'd be right there, I used to drive up to Cirencester twice a week for classes at New Brewery Arts. I look forward to watching what you all get up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Gill pointed me in your direction. I am in Gloucester and would be very interested if it could be evenings / weekends as I work in a school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna,

    I'm here because of Gill too... could you let me know more about this? I live in Cheltenham... so it's not too far!

    ReplyDelete