Monday 11 November 2013

Christmas Spinning Stars!

Earlier this year I responded to a request from the Fat Quarterly team for contributors to the magazine.... and my design was accepted!

I did a lot of dancing around the studio and then had a minor panic attack about how I was going to transfer the idea from my iPad to fabric....

Luckily my idea worked!



The lovely fabrics came from Makower and the Modern Christmas line by Henley Studio. I matched it with a white back ground so the stars would float and spin. It is backed with grey Klona.


The quilting is with Tula Pink variegated 50wt Aurifil thread in the spinning stars - I will post a close up of the quilting later in the week. I quilted stars and swirl with white Aurifil 50wt into the background.

My lovely friend Liz helped me sort out the photos and then posed for me!


I hope you like my first pattern for Fat Quarterly -go buy a copy, it is a fabulous e-zine!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt - and even more lovely in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy! So excited for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern, congrats on getting it published!

    ReplyDelete